- Remove nasty linoleum in the kitchen & nasty carpet in the den and replace with 1 1/2" hardwoods like the rest of the house.
- Reface the cabinets
- Remove Range & add cabinets for built-in cooktop and built-in double ovens
- Take Washer and use one of the hall closets for a utility closet for full-size stackable washer and dryer. Add cabinet where washer was.
- Built-in pantry instead of old hot water heater closet for pantry.
- Remove fluorescent light in kitchen and add recessed lighting in kitchen and den.
- Remove built-in desk and replace with floor to ceiling bookshelves and cabinet flush with wall.
- Sheetrock over paneling (I'll never need to find a stud to hang a picture.).
Not a bad project. But I still want to throw up everytime I write a check.